Bucket hats would probably be near the bottom of your list if you had been asked a few years ago to come up with the ’90s fashions that you thought would return. It’s possible that they weren’t even included in your list. They might have been a staple in many every closet during the time you were a young adult, but they weren’t exactly attractive.
Although they may look like a relic of the past, bucket hats are still a trendy piece of clothing you can include in your look. You can try several attractive variations of everything from everyday attire to vintage-inspired appearances.
Also read: Style Flared Jeans
Bucket hats for 2023: Add these to your wardrobe
Check-out the list of trending bucket hats 2023 we have prepared for you:
1. Play around with neutral and subdued hues
To rock a bucket hat, you don’t need to wear anything daring or striking. Contrary to common opinion, wearing a bucket hat doesn’t always require a statement parka or vintage tracksuit. Instead, use streetwear with a relaxed aesthetic as the foundation of your ensemble. Another excellent technique to put together a modest but fashionable ensemble with your bucket hat is to choose neutral-colored clothing.
- An outfit for streetwear is best complemented with summer knits and timeless T-shirts.
- A black bucket hat could be used to complement a gray suit.
2. Try a monochromatic style
Be sure to coordinate your bucket hat with the rest of your ensemble. Choose clothing with complementary colors for your ensemble; this might be a jumpsuit, a shirt and a stylish pair of slacks, or an enormous jacket. Picking a bucket hat that complements the color palette of the rest of your outfit will help you put together a put-together, fashionable look.
- You could put on a matching bucket hat and an oversize, solid-colored jacket.
- You may wear a great pair of jeans with an identical blouse and bucket hat.
3. Make your hat stand out by wearing one that is colorful or textured
Your outfit’s texture can help it take on new dimensions. Put on a textured top or vest and a fuzzy or textured bucket hat. Don’t be scared to combine different textures in one outfit; this will make it much more lively and eye-catching. Additionally, you have the option of selecting a bucket hat in an entirely unrelated hue to the rest of your attire.
A bucket hat in a vibrant hue will draw the viewer’s attention upward and provide a cool, fashionable division for the rest of your clothing.
- You might, for example, pair a knit vest with a fluffy bucket hat.
- You might dress in a colorful blazer, shorts, and bucket hat.
4. Add a bucket hat to complete a light, springtime ensemble
Put on some beautiful shorts and a top with a button-down collar. If you want your attire to be airy, you can either button up your top entirely or leave a few buttons undone.
- To fully complete the look, finish off your ensemble with a bucket hat in a solid hue.
- Using a solid-colored bucket hat and a bright button-down shirt as an example, you may complete the look.
5. Summertime attire should consist of a tank top, shorts, and a bucket hat
If you want to look stylish while staying cool, bucket hats are a terrific choice. Choose a cosy tank top and a stylish pair of exercise shorts. Put on a bucket hat that complements the general color scheme of your outfit to complete the look.
- A dark, neutral-toned bucket hat, for instance, would go well with a dark, neutral-toned tank top and shorts.
- Ankle-length socks and tennis shoes look amazing with this outfit.
6. In the fall, wear a bucket hat with an extra-large cardigan
Bucket hats are a great choice for transitional weather. These hats are suitable for all kinds of weather, including days when the temperature is neither too warm nor too cool to forgo a jacket. Put on a long cardigan that reaches your thighs, some slim jeans or leggings, and a pair of knee-high boots. Before venturing outside, add a bucket hat as a finishing touch.
- For this type of attire, neutral tones work beautifully.
- Matching your cardigan and bucket hat can elevate your combination.
7. Wear long leggings, a sweater, and a bucket hat to stay warm.
A Fashionable update on a classic winter hats are the bucket hats. Put on a sweater and some long leggings to stay warm. To complete the look, add a thick, warm coat on top and choose a bucket hat.
- For instance, you might put on a large jacket over a sweater and long jeans.
- For a chic, cold-weather appearance, you could also pair a bucket hat with trousers, a sweater, and a long jacket.
8. Distressed jeans and a blazer can give you an edgy appearance.
If you’re trying to dress down, bucket hats are a terrific option. Choose your favorite ripped jeans and a comfortable shirt to go with your leather jacket. As a last, fashionable touch to your look, put on the bucket hat!
- You combine some tattered blue jeans with a sassy black jacket, a blouse with several colors, and a bucket hat in one hue.
9. Wear predominantly black clothing and keep it casual
For your attire, choose a black blouse, a black jacket, and a pair of trousers. If your jacket includes touches of other colors, it is acceptable; just go for something that is primarily black. Wear this jacket with a black pair of pants and a dark-colored top. To complete the appearance, put on a bucket hat and a pair of cozy sneakers!
- A black windbreaker, a black shirt, and a pair of black damaged jeans, for instance, would make a nice outfit combination. Tennis shoes in a neutral color and bucket hats in neutral color would complete the outfit.
The style of an accessory that has been out of fashion for such a long time can be fairly difficult, even if hats are typically an easy to toss on and go addition. Even so, our Instagram feeds are trying to show us that it’s bucket hats season and that you may style your own as you choose. It’s time to incorporate the updated bucket hat into your outfit if you’re feeling ’90s and ’00s-inspired.
These were some of the most loved and trending bucket hats of 2023, check-out now and let us know in the comment section which one is your’s favourite.
What's Your Reaction?
Priyanka is a graduate of Journalism and Mass communication. She loves to write and create content that revolves around fashion and beauty. With years of experience in content writing, she has good knowledge and ideas related to fashion, beauty, and travel content.