Solo trips for women are still a new concept. But these are quite quintessential. It helps you to grow, learn and seek new opportunities daily. Yes, it is easy for women to travel alone but not everyone is so open about it.
In this blog, we are going to talk about the importance of solo trips for women and some famous places. Yes, we understand that safety is a major concern when you are travelling solo so we have shared some tips and tricks that might help you to travel.
If you want to know more quickly scroll down!
Why solo trips for women are a must?
Solo travelling is one of the most beautiful experiences that you can have. We understand that sometimes a solo trip can be lonely and boring but it offers an opportunity to explore and discover yourself.
Here are the benefits of solo trips for women:
- Solo trips help women to feel independent and empowered. It is an all-new experience. It allows you to create your own schedule.
- Solo travelling helps one to build confidence. You learn about new surroundings and new people around you. It gives you an opportunity to learn more.
- Women solo trips give you an opportunity to discover yourself.
- Solo travelling helps you to build new connections and friendships. These relationships turn leave a great impact on our lives.
Top 7 places for solo trips for women
You will never feel alone in Delhi. The city is flourished with vibrant colours and beautiful places. Here, you will find accommodations that suit your budget. From 5 star hotels to women’s hostels here, you will find every variety of accommodation. If you are a solo backpacker then Paharganj has a lot of accommodation opportunities. The city has great metro connectivity. You can travel anywhere using the metro.
Here, you will find Qutub Minar Red Fort, Lotus temple, Humayun’s tomb, Lodhi garden and a lot more historical places. Apart from that here, you will also find Paranthe wali Gali, Nizamuddin for Kebab, Pandara road, and Chandni chowk for jalebi. GTB Nagar and Majnu ka Tila flourished with so many cafes and food variety. You can also enjoy live musical shows. Don’t forget to enjoy the sizzling samosa!
Mumbai is this city of dreams and one of India’s busiest cities. This is that place which works 24 hours. If you haven’t ever watched a beach or sea in your life then this place is ideal for you. You can explore elephant caves, Zaveri Bazar, Chor Bazaar, the Gateway of India, Juhu beach and many more places. You can enjoy late-night pubs and clubs over here.
This is one of the most beautiful places. Flourished with so many lakes and scenic views, Kerala will make you fall in love with itself. Here, you will find dozen of wildlife sanctuaries, Western ghats and Sahyadri ranges. You can enjoy Kerala beats Safari across the golden sand or can be a part of a week-long yoga retreat or surf camp.
If you want to enjoy an adventurous holiday Manali is perfect for you. You can enjoy activities like hiking, rafting, paragliding and skiing. Manali is a perfect place where you can explore the Hidimba Devi temple and other popular pilgrimage sites. Also, you can visit Solang valley.
Pondicherry also known as the French capital of India is one of the best places for women’s solo trips. From beaches to streets you will get a quick glimpse of colonial architecture. This place is a perfect fusion of South Indian and French culture and tradition. You can enjoy the bicycle tour around the place and have the best time.
Rishikesh is a perfect place for backpackers. It is also famous for its numerous yoga and meditation retreats and rafting. If you are planning to visit Rishikesh then don’t miss out on the world-famous Ganga Aarti. You can also enjoy adventure activities like bungee jumping, kayaking and rafting.
If you want to experience royalty then pay a visit to Rajasthan. Places where you will find Rajput Mughals and Marathas essence. Rajasthan is famous for its art culture and history. You can enjoy the desert safari folk dance and music and handicraft. This place is perfect for a solo traveller and you would never feel alone.
8 tips for solo trips for women
- Make sure that you choose your destination wisely. You need to do a quick research and look for the best budget destinations according to your requirements.
- Don’t try to make last-minute plans instead do proper research and planning. Always decide and book the hotel or resort where you are going to stay. You can also look for women PG or hostels. Use MakeMyTrip or Goibibo website like
- Always carry the necessary items with you. Don’t pack unnecessary clothes or items. Ensure that your ticket, mobile and other essentials are safe and secure.
- Don’t forget to carry safety equipment like a torch, pepper spray and power bank with you. Avoid wearing too many expensive accessories.
- Try to meet other female solo travellers. Try to stay local, meet local people and try to buy and eat local stuff.
- Believe in your gut feelings if you don’t feel safe don’t take that road. Prefer taking deserted roads at night.
- Carry packed food and basic medicine and the first day with yourself in case of any emergency.
- Try to arrive at the destination on time. Many places in India are quite unsafe to travel to at night.
Solo trips for women are very important. You need to plan and execute your solo trip very well. Hope the tips that we shared above helped you. Don’t fear going on a solo trip. It is once in a lifetime opportunity and is worth it.
Remember, this trip will help you to discover yourself and will be worthy enough. You will learn more about life, nature and people. You will gain confidence. So, have a happy time and enjoy your solo trip to the best.
What's Your Reaction?
Priyanka is a graduate of Journalism and Mass communication. She loves to write and create content that revolves around fashion and beauty. With years of experience in content writing, she has good knowledge and ideas related to fashion, beauty, and travel content.